Tubalr Android App 2.0 Beta
Yup, that’s right, there’s a new Android app in the works and you can get your hands on the beta today(right now)!
A few notes from the developer, Thijs:
- There’s still loads of work to be done but I can’t do it faster than I’m currently doing.
- The purpose of this release is to test the speed and stability of the app on different phones and get feedback on it and the layout of the app.
- The time it took me to process a search averaged about 12 seconds, which is quite a bit faster than the current app. The main problem is the fetching of 40+ JSON files and then processing it on the phone itself. Doing this on a server would reduce this time to about 3 seconds at most, but taking into account that it would cost some serious money to do so, this is where we’re at for the time being.
- I haven’t implemented most of the UI feedback elements like dialogs that indicate the phone is processing a certain request but that’s high on the list for the next release.
- In the current version I implemented some functions like I’d imagine they could be implemented, but I already noticed some are not according to the Android developer guidelines, so that’ll need some rewriting in the future.
- The app only works from Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 and above.
Anyways, enjoy, if you need anything shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This was posted 9 months ago. It has 0 notes.